FOOD SAFETY LEVEL 3
Who is this course for?
This course is recommended for students that are in a management position in either land-based or sea based hospitality or catering. To register for this qualification, learners are required to be 14 years of age or above.
It is also advised that learners have a minimum of Level 1 in English and Maths or equivalent and have completed Food Safety in Catering Level 2.
This course has been designed for:
- Supervisors/managers, future supervisors and managers in hospitality
- Senior management in food services.
- Chefs, head stewards and stewardesses, catering managers
- Training managers, students
- Training staff and students
The course is an in-class lecture and guided assessment by a facilitator in a classroom environment.
Additional courses to add
The Advanced Wine Appreciation Level 2 and Food and Wine Pairing course would be ideal to compliment the Food Safety Level 3 Course, offering all-round training for senior management, chefs and Chief Stewardesses.
The objective of this qualification is to support a role in the workplace and give learners personal growth and engagement in learning. The qualification is designed for learners who wish to progress to higher or supervisory level within a food catering business.
Topics include ensuring compliance with food safety legislation, the application and monitoring of good hygiene practice, how to implement food safety management procedures and the application and monitoring of good practice regarding contamination, microbiology and temperature control.
Understand the requirements for ensuring compliance with food safety legislation and management procedures:
- Intro to Food Safety
- Microbiological hazards
- Spoilage and preservation
- Food poisoning and its control
- Contamination hazards and its controls
- Food handlers and personal hygiene
- Food premises and equipment
- Food pests and control
- Cleaning and disinfection
- HACCP from purchase to service
- Food Safety Law and enforcement
This is a 2 day theory course and one day practical
On completion of the course, students will have a broad knowledge of the following:
- Understand the requirements for ensuring compliance with food safety legislation and management procedures.
- Understand the application and monitoring of good practice regarding contamination, temperature control, personal hygiene and cleaning.
The investment for this 2,5 day course is R 8 499.00